Friday 17 October 2014

Hello!

Second week has been very busy for me! I have done 15 hours of contact time, meeting all you students and hopefully getting you set up for all your research needs this year. But anyone who missed a session, has a question or forgot something - please email me via the Library guide and ask your questions.

Remember to subscribe to the FT.com for all your business news and here is my blog post on downloading the app (again :) ).

So what business related news stories did I think might be interesting this week? Firstly the announcement from Apple and Facebook that they are going to pay for employees to freeze their eggs! Persoanlly I think this is a little creepy, but what do you all think?
This post from the Harvard Business Review is about the 'Best performing CEOs' and the metrics they used to assess them. What do you make of the best performing CEOs?

Finally two stories on tech developments; in France people can tweet money - would for feel safe doing that? And would you like your smart phone to be able to lock and unlock your house? Could be very scary if your phone was stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment